Free counters!

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Tour in Panghulo, Obando, Bulacan, Philippines (2015)

On October 1, 2015, we went to Panghulo, Obando, Bulacan, Philippines to visit my aunt, Dolores "Nene" Balajadia Villaluz and her family there. We went there at night because we came from Holy Cross Memorial Park and we visited our relatives in Caloocan City. It was raining and we got stuck in traffic that's why we went there at night.

Because of my hectic schedule, I decided to proceed my visit to my aunt even at night. I want to see my aunt there while she's still alive. My two uncles, my aunt, and even my father are already passed away. I have four aunts left, my father's remaining siblings. Two of my aunts are residing in Pacifica, California, USA.

Tiya Nene and her family are long time resident of Panghulo, Obando, Bulacan. They are big family because her children have grandchildren. Tiya Nene and her husband, Tito Mario have great grandchildren. Almost all of them are residing in a same house or residence. They still have sari-sari store at their house until now. That's their source of income until now. They are selling foods, household items, cigarettes, soft drinks and so on. Many of their children as well as their grandchildren are finished in their college and have stable job.

Tiya Nene is weak already because she can't walk very well and she needs an assistant especially for using restroom and bathroom. Sometimes Tiya Nene is forgetful especially at her age according to my cousins and their children. Thanks God that Tito Mario is still in good condition and currently manages their sari-sari store.

While traveling to Panghulo, Obando, Bulacan along M. H. Del Pilar Street, we noticed that the Arkong Bato or stone arch is changed already. The old Arkong Bato is damaged by a huge and big truck. The Arkong Bato is repaired but they changed the structure slightly. They removed the printed boundary names which are Bulacan and Rizal because Valenzuela and Malabon are already independent cities and part of National Capital Region.

Arkong Bato was built in 1910 during American Period. It was an official boundary of the provinces of Bulacan and Rizal. Valenzuela was part of Bulacan and Malabon was part of Rizal. M. H. Del Pilar Street was an official road going to Bulacan before McArthur Hi-Way and even North Luzon Expressway.

Arkong Bato is so memorable to me because it reminds my childhood days. We used to passed Arkong Bato every time we're visiting my relatives especially during the fiesta of Panghulo, Obando, Bulacan every last Sunday of May. The residence of Tiya Nene and her family is located along F. Navarette Street which is second road from Arkong Bato. F. Navarette Street has a man statue still at the center. If you proceed to F. Navarette Street straight, it's already a part of Obando, Bulacan. Tiya Nene's residence is near to Valenzuela and Obando boundary. Panghulo is a big barangay that is divided into two areas. The first area is part of Malabon and the other area is part of Obando.

#Balajadia #ArkongBato #Panghulo #Obando #Valenzuela #Bulacan #Malabon #Rizal


On October 1, 2015, we went to Panghulo, Obando, Bulacan, Philippines to visit my aunt, Dolores "Nene" Balajadia...
Posted by Armando Magtalas Balajadia on Sunday, October 18, 2015