Free counters!

Monday, October 5, 2015

My Farewell Party (2015)

On October 5, 2015, we had a farewell or despedida party at my cousin's house in Quezon City, Philippines. This is also a family reunion for Balajadia family at my grandfather's side. I asked my cousin Ester Garcia to contact all our relatives to have a mini-reunion at her house and beauty salon along Cordillera Street in Quezon City, Philippines starting at 7:00pm.

Me and my mother went to my cousin's salon around 5:00pm. We know that the traffic is so terrible and heavy especially if there's a rain and also during rush hour. We bought ube cake at Merced Bakeshop along EDSA near to Quezon Avenue before we went to my cousin's salon.

While waiting for our other relatives, me and my mother had hair and facial treatments with the assistance of Malou and Susan. My cousin's salon is already in the business in 1970s at the present location. My cousin is also a friend of Mr. Ricky Reyes, a well-known hair stylist in Philippines.

My cousin bought softdrinks, pancit Malabon, lumpiang prito, and puto (stramed rice cake). We brought biko (sweet rice cake) also. Her family like her children and grandchildren are also present in the family gathering.

Unfortunately, many of our relatives were not able to make in our family gathering because of many reasons. Some of them are already tired from work, stranded in heavy rains and traffic, and so on.

Our relatives like my cousins Daniel Balajadia Dalacat, Estrella Garcia Carpio, and Erlinda Garcia Fernandez as well as my aunt Beatriz Balajadia Garcia were able to attend in our family gathering.

We had fun and socialized to each other while eating and waiting for our other relatives to come if they can. Since we set our family gathering on weekday which is October 5, 2015 (Monday), then many of our relatives were not able to make in our family gathering. I know that most of the people are busy and tired from work on weekdays. Because of my cousin, Ester Garcia was not available last weekend and her schedule is already fully booked, then we decided to move on October 5, 2015 so that she can attend in our family gathering.

Well, my vacation in Philippines is only 15 days and I have hectic schedules. 15 days is too short for me because of heavy traffic especially in Manila. Unfortunately, I didn't meet my other cousins because of my hectic schedules and short vacation. Anyway, because of the social media like Facebook, then we can still communicate and chat each other.

I hope that I will meet my other cousins and relatives later probably in 2017.

#Balajadia #QuezonCity #Rizal


On October 5, 2015, we had a farewell or despedida party at my cousin's house in Quezon City, Philippines. This is also...
Posted by Armando Magtalas Balajadia on Wednesday, October 21, 2015